Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sabbath Songs

You usually hear about symbiotic relationships when it comes to biology and two things needing one another. While I don't think Mr. Hebden (Four Tet) or Will Bevan (Burial) NEED each other to survive and prosper, I'll be damned if they don't combine forces to create some beautifully dark music.

I've been a big fan of Four Tet for some time now - I feel like the man can do very little wrong. So when I heard rumors of a collaboration with London's Burial, dubstep's bastard step bro, I thought, WOAH.

The two got together on some other plane and put out a 12" single. Little information accompanied. What we did have were two tracks: "Moth" and "Wolf Cub". 18+ minutes of atmospheric beats, tripped out, stuttered bass, clicks, and crescendos.

This is a spaced out Sunday evening song if I've ever heard one. Wait for it:

No comments:

Post a Comment